WWDC 2018 Announcements
Apple's Worldwide Developer's Conference keynote address took place this afternoon. Once again Apple came up with some spectacular announcements. You can see the keynote here.
This is the opening video:
Click the links below to see the major announcements in each of Apple's platforms:
These are the announcements that especially interested me.
watchOS5 now has:
- Workouts in yoga and hiking
- Automatic workout detection that starts tracking your data in case you forget to start or end a workout yourself. (I can’t tell you how many times this happened to me.)
- Walkie-Talkie mode. This is cool. You can add friends with your watch, then you just open the app, push to talk, and it sends a messages to your friends, back and forth.
- The ability to view web content from your watch. Great for short articles or images.
ARKit 2 allows you measure things with an app called Measure. (I no longer have to look for a tape measure or ruler.)
macOS Mojave received a much-needed boost.
- The long-awaited dark mode for your desktop. Especially great for photographers and creatives.
- Dynamic Desktop. The wallpaper will subtly change over the course of the day to reflect the time of day.
- Apple News, Stocks, Voice Memos, and Home are coming to the Mac.
- More features to stop you from being easily monitored online.
- You can work on a file without opening it.
- Stacks keep your desktop organized.
Most of the new Apple TV features revolve around the 4K television, which we don’t have, yet. I like the partnership with Charter Spectrum to bring live programming to the TV app. Plus Apple TV will feature Zero sign-in! No more having to sign in to HBO or other TV apps.
Last, but not least, the Apple Pride Watch Band!